Slurry Seal is a cold-mix paving system that can remedy a broad range of problems. Slurry Seal is basically an Industrial Grade Asphalt Surfacing system. The principal materials used to create slurry seal are aggregate, asphalt emulsion and fillers, which are mixed together according to a laboratory’s formula. Water is also added for workability.
- UV Protection: Slurry seal provides excellent protection from the intense Arizona sun.
- Extends Pavement Life: 5-7 year lifespan improvement.*
- Attractive Appearance: Covers over slight imperfections and gives you’re older, graying pavement a dark new coat.
- Cost-Effective: Less expensive than a new asphalt overlay, slurry seal creates a new wearing surface without breaking the bank.**
- Fast Dry Time: In many cases, we can have your pavement surface sealed and ready in one day!
*Life span improvement estimates are based on pavements that are regularly maintained and depend heavily on the condition of the pavement prior to treatment and many other factors.
**Slurry seal is not suited as a solution for seriously degraded pavements. Contact one of our specialists today to see if this is the right method for you.
How Slurry Seal is applied.
Slurry Seal is applied to an existing pavement surface with the use of a spreader box attached to a RoadSaver II slurry mixing unit. Slurry goes into the spreader box, which then lays down the slurry coating as the mixer/spreader is driven forward.
The spreader box is capable of spreading the slurry seal over the width of a traffic lane in a single pass, and is constructed so that close contact with the existing surface is maintained. This insures uniform application of the new coating on a variety of configurations encompassing various crown shapes, super-elevated and shoulder slopes. Trained operators continually monitor the automatic mixing procedure. Dynamite Paving cleans the surface before slurry applications. We continually inspect the operation in progress for uniformity.